Are spirulina, blue-green algae and cyanobacteria one and the same?
June 17th 2021, 8:36:05 pm
We can say they are all the same because spirulina is type of blue-green alga (plural "algae") that are also known as cyanobacteria. They thrive in fresh waters between 85 to 112 degrees Fahrenheit, and in alkalinity from 8 to 11 pH, making spirulina a very clean food source since other organisms cannot survive in those conditions. The name "spirulina" comes from the spiral shape that can be seen under a microscope. Spirulina has been part of many cultures' diets for centuries.
Blue-green algae (Spirulina) contains many nutritional compounds such as:
- High protein content
- B-complex vitamins
- Vitamin E
- Gamma-linolenic acid, a beneficial fatty acid rich in bioavailable iron
- Trace elements of manganese, selenium and zinc
Health benefits associated with Blue-green algae (Spirulina) include:
- Weight loss
- Cancer prevention
- Lowering cholesterol
- Antiviral properties
- Combatting fatigue
- Boosting the immune system
- Enhancing athletic performance by promoting recovery
- Increasing natural killer cells
- Detoxifying effects by increasing urinary secretion of arsenic in people with chronic exposure
- Increasing hemoglobin levels
Did You Know?
StemVLife contains spirulina, as part of a powerful stem cell nutrition formula.
Chocolate vs. raw cacao: Is there a difference?
June 3rd 2021, 7:54:45 pm
Even though both chocolate and raw cacao (pronounced “kuh-cow”) come from the beans of the cacao plant, the main difference is in the processing. Chocolate is a processed food that has been mixed with refined sugar and other ingredients to make it sweeter or less bitter. Raw cacao is a healthier choice, not only because of its high level of antioxidants, but also because there is less processing involved and no added sugars.
Raw cacao that has been ground into a powder is often called “cocoa” (pronounced “ko-ko”) and it is also a processed food that contains added ingredients.
Raw cacao has nearly four times the amount of antioxidants than processed cocoa!
Raw cacao is bursting with health benefits:
- Rich in polyphenols which may help reduce inflammation.
- Contains theobromine and theophylline, which are anti-asthmatic compounds.
- Contains antibacterial and immune-stimulating properties.
- Rich in flavanols which help lower blood pressure, support brain function and neuron production.
- Can help with weight loss and has anti-diabetes effects by improving insulin secretion.
- High antioxidant content which has shown to have anti-cancer properties.
- Has cholesterol-lowering compounds.
Did You Know?
StemVLife contains organic raw cacao, as part of a powerful stem cell nutrition formula.
What is stem cell nutrition and why is it so important for health?
September 21st 2020, 4:21:02 pm
Stem cells are cells that are capable of renewing themselves, but as time goes on, we expose our bodies to everyday toxins which cause that renewal process to slow down. Our formulas have the perfect balance of natural nutrients which have shown to promote the body’s natural renewal system!
We focus on stem cell nutrition because enhancing stem cell function can help repair or regenerate damaged tissue, and we have seen the powerful and life-changing benefits of our formulas firsthand.
STEM CELL NUTRITION IS ESSENTIAL FOR HUMAN HEALTH!
Stem cells travel throughout the body supporting optimal organ and tissue function, but as we expose our bodies to everyday toxins such as medications, hormone-containing meats, alcohol, or polluted environments, the number and quality of stem cells that circulate in your body gradually decrease, leaving the body more vulnerable to deteriorating conditions. Our stem cell formulas support the natural role of stem cells even as we age.